Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Peter Pilotto for Target: Review + Looks

Peter-Pilotto-For-Target-Skirt
Target collaborations can be a hit or miss. But if you’ve been shopping them for a while, you know which ones to shop, and which ones to skip. Having set my alarm for 7.30 am the night before, I was seriously planning on being at the store in my pajamas by 8 am! (That’s what I did for the last collaboration – Philip Lim). And then the snooze button happened. To make the long story short, I didn’t make it to the store until after 4 pm. I’ll be honest, I expected to see a sad piece hanging all by itself on a rack, but, to my surprise, it was all there! Well, maybe not all of it, but a lot of it. Now, some of you know I am participating in the Thrifty Threads 365 challenge, so you are probably wondering why am I spending all this money in retail? There is a loop hole in our challenge, or an exception if you want to call it that. You are allowed to use gift cards. And that’s exactly what I did!
Today I am only going to show you the skirt. It was one piece I wasn’t sure about. Styling it can be challenging. But the pockets sold me! As you could probably guess, I am hoping to buy the top that goes with it, also seen on Diane Krueger, later when the collection goes on sale.
Diane-Kruger-Wearing-Peter-Pilotto-x-Target-Peter-Pilotto-for-Target-Shopping-Event
Image via Because I am Fabulous
Peter-Pilotto-x-Target-Peter-Pilotto-for-Target-Shopping-EventPeter-Pilotto-x-Target-Peter-Pilotto-for-Target-Shopping-EventPeter-Pilotto-x-Target-Peter-Pilotto-for-Target-Shopping-EventPeter-Pilotto-x-Target-Peter-Pilotto-for-Target-Shopping-EventAnd now a little on the quality, selection and such! First of all the entire collection is mostly polyester, it’s made in China. Personally, the black, yellow, blue and white color palette was a little off. Less structured pieces, looked baggy and unflattering. I also wish that  when creating such collections, the designers would show us how to style pieces. Yes, it’s fun to be all dressed in Peter Pilotto, but?
What did you think of this collaboration? Did you buy anything? How are you styling it?

No comments:

Post a Comment